Colorado WINS State Employee Contract
In 2021 we negotiated our first contract for state employees. Click here to access and read your contract!
Dispute Resolution Form
If you need to file a grievance, please click here to learn more about the process and access the appropriate documents.
SEIU/AFT Member Benefits
Colorado Workers for Innovation and New Solutions (WINS) represents state employees who work to ensure our quality of life in communities across Colorado. We work in partnership with the state to improve working conditions, safety, quality of services, conflict resolution, staff attrition, pay and benefits and more to ensure that we have an effective workforce to serve all Coloradans.
Colorado WINS members are eligible for the benefits provided to members of the Service Employees International Union, The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) and the American Federation of Teachers. Read more about the exclusive savings and discounts members can access through these programs at www.unionplus.org.
Members also have exclusive access to Aflac insurance.
Another exclusive benefit is American Life Income
- American Income Life is an international Company protecting working families in the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and through our wholly-owned subsidiary, National Income Life Insurance Company in New York.
- American Income Life has served working class families since 1951 with life, accident, and supplemental health products to help protect members of labor unions, credit unions, associations, and their families. AIL representatives develop longterm relationships with clients and meet them where they are most comfortable: their homes.
- WINS members get $2000 coverage for free through American Income Life. If you want to take advantage of this, please contact them.
- As a member of Colorado WINS you get a seat at the table on issues in the workplace and at the legislature. You are part of the collective power of unions and help bring about the victories that improve your life daily. Note: you cannot be fired or disciplined for joining a union.
- COPE stands for “Committee on Political Education” and it is the political arm of Colorado WINS. It allows us to mobilize members to be a powerful force in the political process. Voluntary contributions to COPE also provide financial support to politicians who support state employees. Each contribution helps build our power and level the playing field. Together we can hold our political leaders accountable to ensure we have respect on the job, good wages and benefits, and are put in a position to do the best job we can. What are some advantages of becoming a member?
How much are dues?
- Colorado WINS dues are set by the members themselves and are 1.5% of your monthly base salary (overtime is not counted into the dues percentage). This equals about 2.5 hours of work per month.
Have other questions?
- For more information please contact Colorado WINS directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 720-614-1547 to talk to a staff member.